Monday 15 June 2009

Lazy and borrowing from the NY Times

I saw this recipe on the NY Times website today and think it sounds delish...since I haven't done much interesting cooking myself recently, I thought I'd just lazily post this link instead!
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/dining/171mrex.html?_r=1&em

I reckon it'd be amazing without the chicken, just as a fabulous vege meal!


While I haven't done a whole lot of cooking lately, the one thing I have done is experiment with meringue recipes. It's the start of the British strawberry season here at the moment and I'm LOVING them! We're eating 2 giant punnets a week at the moment and nothing goes better with sweet, fresh strawberries than crispy, chewy meringues. I promise to post my favourite meringue recipe once I've done a bit more experimenting and have narrowed it down!

2 comments:

  1. We went to a friend's place for dinner on the weekend and she made a vegie soup that was quite similar to this! I think it was potato and pumpkin/sweet potato and had chilli and peanut butter. Sounds a little strange but it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - it sounds great! I've made a pumpkin, kumara (NZ sweet potato - different to the orangey sweet potato you get elsewhere) and peanut soup which sounds similar to your friends', and it's a definite favourite. I reckon this recipe would just take it all to a new level! Let me know if you try this...

    ReplyDelete