Monday 10 March 2014

Menu Plan this Week

This week we have visitors coming for lunch on Saturday so I've bought a larger quantity of beef than I usually would and the bill for the week is a wee bit higher (£55) but I will get at least one (possibly two) other meals from the beef so it'll work out.

This week's menu/plan is:


The falafel on Friday night are my Mum's good friend Shirley's recipe and they're rather infamous in our family circles. Haven't had them in ages but I'm looking forward to Friday's dinner already!

I've also just sown my tomato seedlings for the summer today and plan on Saturday (after lunch) to spend the afternoon sowing some greens in the garden. I love my garden but am not very good at gardening - tending to get excited in spring and then get distracted later on. This year's goal is to get the garden functioning more as a kitchen garden - with plans of growing so that we can have something to eat from it throughout the year. Will see how that goes! 

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive. It makes me want to be a bit more organised again. Like you I have got a bit slack recently. Making a menu has always worked well for me over the years. I don't think you would get away with spending that amount of money in NZ. I have been hearing stories of people spending $250 a week

    ReplyDelete