Tuesday 18 January 2011

Pollyanna vs. Eeyore

Things I liked about today:

  - the sun shone for at least 4 hours today! This was long enough for me to feel confident in putting my washing on the line. It didn't dry, of course because it was only about 3 degrees outside (so the sheets just sort of hung around getting colder and wetter) but it felt like a victory just to be able to put it out.

 - the delivery of my Graze box (see: http://www.graze.com/). Much like getting my groceries delivered, the arrival of any foodstuffs in my post-box is very exciting. And in this case, tasty. I love the randomness of this system. I think you can actually request specific things to be sent, but I don't and it's great fun. You get 4 brand new treats in every box but it's a surprise each time and so far they've all been tasty (except the goji berries. I know I'm meant to like these because they are meant to be so full of antioxidants that they turn you into Dakota Fanning just by munching on a handful, but they taste very odd. Not really unpleasant, just odd.)

 - the delivery of my milk in cute pint sized bottles on the doorstep. See above for my excitement about delivered foodstuffs. Is an odd new obsession I seem to have developed.

 - the fact that I managed to write 700 not entirely crap words on a paper I'm trying to develop with a colleague. This constitutes the entirety of my writing for the past 5 or 6 months so I shouldn't really be celebrating it, but small victories are victories nonetheless.

 - making plans to visit my family in Qatar, NZ and friends in Australia!

Things I did not like about today:

 - being woken at 3am by the loud truck of my milk delivery man.

 - split peas that refused to cook down sufficiently such that I now have lumpy/crunchy split pea soup which is likely to make my stomach rebel and cause unfortunate side-effects tonight...oi.

 - stupid fracking Latvian numpties who trade on eBay but refuse to use Paypal thus prompting an effort of diplomatic proportions (and several ridiulous arguments with my other half) to get money to them. Use the system properly people, or not at all! For shame strange Latvian vendor of vintage motorcycle parts! For shame.

- the giant scary pile of dishes I woke to this morning. The second giant scary pile of dishes that now awaits me in the kitchen. Not eating would have some useful payoffs.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, you can get milk delivered?! I also love the delivery of almost anything, even if I've bought it myself and food/wine deliveries are particularly pleasing!! The Graze concept is brilliant. How did you get on to that? And well done you on 700 probably really rather excellent words. What's the paper? I've really got to get my act into gear here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. They were not excellent words but rather slightly rambling uninformed nonsense. But it was at least a day of attempting to write and that's further than I've gotten in months. Sigh. Given the scary piles of marking I've been handed this week, tis unlikely that I will do any more writing for quite some time.

    I can get milk delivered and it comes in those really cute glass bottles with the foil lids as in the days of yore! Too twee for words! I got started with Graze through a voucher in one of my foodie mags I think. It's a great concept and really rather delicious. Today's will be waiting for me when I get home tonight...yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete