Friday 14 June 2013

In which I bake the sweetest cake of all time...

I had an week of epic uselessness. By Friday afternoon I'd achieved bugger all, so I figured that things were unlikely to turn around. The only logical thing was to bake something. The fruit bowl has slowly been accumulating ever-ripening bananas, but I didn't really fancy normal banana cake. That's when I found this recipe for Caramel Chip Banana Cake. You basically make hard caramel which you break into shards, and then stir these through a fairly standard cake batter. The rest of the caramel you crush and stir through buttercream frosting for the top. It's pretty good, but possibly the sweetest thing I've ever eaten. It's so sweet that when you drink Diet Coke after having a piece, the Diet Coke tastes almost sour! Anyway. This is it. I suspect the sugar in it will fuel us the entire weekend - unless we slip into hypoglycemic comas that is.


I tried to get all creative and 'spin' sugar. It wasn't wildly successful and mostly I just made a sticky mess.
Tastes good though

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious (if sweet) and looks pretty spectacular to boot. How did you spin the sugar?

    ReplyDelete