Wednesday 1 July 2009

Mark Bittman Strikes Again

Yum! I've just read this recipe for cold noodles on Mark Bittman's NY Times blog, and it looks so delicious that I think I'm going to have to make it for lunch. It's sticky and hot here, so what better to eat then cold, spicy, salty noodles?! He thinks you need chicken in them to make them into a meal, but there's already protein from the sesame paste/peanut butter, so I think you'd actually be ok without.

http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/featured-recipe-cold-noodles-with-sesame-sauce-chicken-and-cucumbers/

UPDATE:

I've just made (and eaten) this for my lunch, and I'm feeling a little disappointed. I used tahini and the whole thing was really bitter and actually not terribly pleasant tasting. The concept was great - cold noodles with crunch cucumber (and beansprouts which I added) - but the flavour definitely didn't rock. Maybe if I'd used peanut butter instead of tahini...?

No comments:

Post a Comment