Thursday 22 October 2009

Well this is embarrassing...

Ok, I've just had a horrid feeling that I'd already written about the salmon tikka thing before...and, after checking, I've discovered that yes, I did post that recipe once already. (BLUSH!!) Am I tapped out already, after only a few months?! Sob. Clearly it's time for some new recipes! At least I added the vege dish to this one I suppose....

Me thinks it might be time for some coffee (to kick start my flailing memory!) and a browse of the cookbook aisle at my friendly local bookshop!

2 comments:

  1. he he!

    p.s. Before you go out buying a bread machine, you might want to give Jim Lahey's no-knead bread recipe a try. I just found a book of his I'd love which details his long-rise/slow fermentation method for perfect bread. I'm going to start experimenting with it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/08mini.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=mark%20bittman%20and%20bread&st=cse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it sounds great!! What's not to love about minimal effort producing delicious fresh bread?!

    I do actually make a ciabatta which isn't meant to be no knead, but the way I do it means that it doesn't have kneading. It's not a difficult recipe, but it is a bit of a faff to actually bake. I must experiment with it and see if I can get a satisfactory result with even less work! (so lazy I know!) If I do work out a super easy version, I'll be sure to post it!

    ReplyDelete