Thursday 18 March 2010

Gummy worms have healing powers

Ok, maybe gummy worms don't actually have healing powers, but they taste good and when you're feeling like a pile of crap warmed up, then you take your comforts where you find them.

I thought I ought to apologise for my lack of posting recently. Last week we had a serious of Major Events here and so we ended up eating out or getting takeout most of the week (hmm. Wonder if that sequence of bad eating has led to my current state of poorliness?) so there wasn't much to write about there (although I will say that my tomato-based curry is INFINITELY better than the revolting, sweet, orangey slop we got from the Indian restaurant the other night. My god it was bad). And this week I've been struck down by an evil chest-cold virus so the very last thing I feel like doing is cooking. Instead, I feel and sound like a creepy male stalker who smokes 50 cigarettes a day and to be honest I don't think I look much better.

Instead of cooking, then, I am lying on the couch, slathered in Vicks (I feel like a mentholated Christmas turkey), sipping orange juice and shovelling giant gummy worms down my poor scratched up throat. I probably should be eating the soup I managed to throw together yesterday, but if I'm perfectly honest, it's not very nice. It's pea and potato, but I overdid the peas so it really just tastes like super-mushy peas. Also lurid green is not a comforting colour when you're not feeling great.

I finish teaching in a couple of weeks, so from then on in, I plan to cook quite a bit. But for now I must get back to my gummy worms and the joys of post-modernism. Stay tuned Friends.

Cough, cough, hack hack hack, sniff. sniff.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back though sad to hear you're feeling poorly! I have to say, however, I am rather envious of the couch/soup/gummy worms combo you're allowed to indulge in when you're sick. That's precisely what I'd like to be doing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do it...Nike-it, if you will. What are you made to do when poorly?? If it makes you less jealous, I'm also trying desperately to prep for tomorrow's class on post-modernism and Family Guy which is less-than relaxing!

    Pasta tonight, I think...soothing, easy food for my diseased carcass....

    ReplyDelete