Monday 29 March 2010

Last week's lunches

Seems a shame to get rid of all of these mini-posts, so I guess I'll pop them up here as a separate post. Last week's lunches were:

Monday 22 March: a mashed avocado with lime, spring onion and salt (margarita guacamole?) transported to my delighted mouth by means of half a family-sized bag of tortilla chips. The nasty fluro orange kind. Oh, and half a mango.

Tuesday 23 March: large pile of raw vegetables, spicy Moroccan hummus and 2 emmental and pumpkin seed crisp-breads (the inherent healthiness that this denotes was neither desired nor deliberate!)


Wednesday 24 March
: rice noodle stirfry with ginger, garlic, spinach, baby corn, mushrooms, mung beans and cashews for protein. Was v good and I rather wish I made double...

Thursday 25 March: broth-like soup with chickpeas, potato, zucchini, onion/garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and the homemade stock I had in the fridge. Nice but would have been infinitely more satistfying with a wodge of crusty bread along-side.

Friday 26 March: am working so lunch had to be transportable. Made noodle "salad" with remains of last night's asian braised chicken and stirfry vege and some rice noodles. Is actually v average and would benefit from a brief microwave zap. Still, it will sustain me until gin-o'clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment