Monday 3 May 2010

Cooking classes continue

We had our second cooking class experiment on Saturday. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that the lad is as excited or interested in the process as I am, but he's playing along and seems to be happy enough to take up the kitchen reigns now and then. This time we cooked the meal that I'm pretty sure was the first thing my Mum taught me to cook all by myself: Spaghetti Bolognaise. Now, obviously, this is the Anglicised version at which (posh chefs tell us) genuine Bologna nonnas would have a heart attack, but we like it and it is an excellent dish for people who are learning the cooking basics. It's also good for someone like my lad who (perhaps - next week's job interview depending) might have to fare for themselves throughout the week. You can make one big batch and eat it on spaghetti, on rice (with the addition of a bit of chilli and some beans), on toasted rolls with cheese, on baked potatoes, in wraps...

Anyway, he did very well and so far has had no disasters. I'm going to make beef fajitas tonight and I think that I'll get him to cook them. Another easy meal - no more than about 5 mins of actual cooking, and not much more of chopping. Perfect food for the non-cook!

Hope your weekends have been sunny and food-filled!

2 comments:

  1. Can't you sleep! It says you posted this at 00:25 which I assume is 25 past 12am. I am looking forward to reading about beef fajitas. I don't think I have ever made them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was half 12 in the afternoon...I in fact slept v well for a change (despite the horrendous racket being made in the wee small hours by the malfunctioning siren alarm nearby. Again...)
    I'll post about the fajitas on Wed evening perhaps - after the giant interview is done :-)

    ReplyDelete