Friday 7 May 2010

Fail

I cooked nothing today. No, actually, that's not true - I never cook nothing (double negative? I always cook something?). I made lunch and then for dinner I made homemade garlic-crumbed pieces of chicken with homemade lemony mayo, fries and a sort of vege dish which was really a bastardised ratatouille. But none of that counts as blog-worthy activity since it is normal Friday night dinner fare...it would be like me blogging about making sandwiches for lunch - not precisely world rocking!

I did, however, paint my nails a fabulously tarty red colour to cheer myself up. This isn't precisely blog-worthy either, but I felt I should write something today. I think my bearings must be a bit off though, because I now look like I've been attacked by a rather lopsided knife-wielding villain - I have splashes of shiny blood-redness all over my hands and instead of looking tarty and vampish, I instead look rather gory. Fail...

2 comments:

  1. So funny to hear you dismiss such a beautiful dish as "nothing" or akin to sandwiches. You're not human!! But you are very good at what you do and deserved a better phone call. I can imagine your fabulous fingernails and injured-looking hands - that's precisely what my own end up looking like whenever I've tried to paint them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I'm usually pretty good at the nail painting thing (years of practice as a teenager - I used to paint them, only to remove it immediately and do it again to perfect the process. Sad, actually! hehe). I think last night's consolatory beers might have thrown me off my axis somewhat. Thanks for the cheering up though! x

    ReplyDelete